|Home||Māori Business Awards||Join Te Rōpū Pakihi||Kaupapa||News and Events||Members||Contact Us||Jobs in the Rohe|
Te Rōpū Pakihi is a kaupapa Māori organisation that has not only included the kaupapa tuku iho, adopted from Te Wānanga o Raukawa, in its constitutional documents, but seeks to design and implement tikanga that gives expression to them in all activities. Te Rōpū Pakihi was established in April 2001 by nine local Māori business operators. The rōpū meets regularly throughout the year for membership luncheons, evening networking Hui and events. In 2007 the rōpū was incorporated as a society and achieved charitable status in 2009 and is governed by an executive committee. All activities undertaken by the network are done so with the aim of maximising the expression of kaupapa.
Te Rōpū Pakihi is an incorporated society that was registered with the New Zealand Companies in November 2007. The Charities Commission granted the society charitable status on 30 June 2008 (registration number CC381125). The Society is registered for GST with Inland Revenue.
The main objective of Te Rōpū Pakihi is to promote and advance the interests of all Māori with a focus on Māori business in the Kapiti and Horowhenua districts. We seek to achieve this objective by engaging in the following activities.
· Promoting Māori Business and their achievements
· Stimulating new businesses and growth of existing businesses
· Providing support, advice and problem solving opportunities
· Networking of members goods and services internally and externally
· Providing a collective voice for local Māori businesses to the wider community and with government including local Council Authorities
· Supporting local community initiatives
· Hosting of the biennial Regional Māori Business Awards